Rio Con Brio
Rio Con Brio captivates audiences around the country with their intimate performance of the beautiful and esoteric Brazilian repertoire known as choro, the early 20th Century street music of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Influenced by equal parts Afro-Brazilian rhythms and the contemporary cafe music of Italy, France, Spain and Portugal, choro is both exotic and familiar, evoking in turn the carnival of Rio and the cafes of Paris.
Guitarist Mike Burdette and mandolinist Tim Connell exhibit finesse and passion in their playing, while displaying a sincere love of the choro repertoire and connection to their audience. An evening with Rio Con Brio is a delightful tour of European and New World music as experienced by the mandolin and guitar and as told by two soulful, intelligent, modern musicians – a beautiful intersection of Brazilian rhythm, classical technique and jazz improvisation.
CONCERT STAGES AND EVENTS
- Classical Mandolin Society of America: guest Artist two years running at this prestigious international convention.
- Mandolin Symposium: shared the stage with David Grisman, Mike Marshall, and the world's greatest mandolinists.
- Portland Center for the Performing Arts, Arlene Schnitzer Hall, Portland, OR
- Oregon Arts Summit
- Wintergrass, the Northwest’s premiere bluegrass festival, Bellevue, WA
- Willamette Shakespeare Festival
- Abbie Weissenbloom's Concert Series, Portland OR
- Adelsheim Vineyard 40th Anniversary Celebration
- Ponzi Vineyards Summer Concert Series
- Domaine Serene Winery Golden Eagle Dinner
- Argyle Winery Thanksgiving Weekend Open House
- Cana’s Feast Winery Southern Mediterranean Festival
Rio Con Brio provides the perfect live music for all types of wedding, from the pastoral, classical or custom ceremony music to the light but festive cocktail hour music, expanding to full dance band for the reception.
“Thank you for being such an important part of our celebration—your music made the ceremony and reception unforgettable.” --Alexandra Brown, bride
“Waltzing down the aisle with my father to your music is something I will never forget.”
--Annie Wrathall, bride
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
“Rio Con Brio is my favorite band for events and for listening. They are very professional and extremely talented. It is always a pleasure to have them at Domaine Serene.”
--Michele Boyer, Marketing and PR Manager, Domaine Serene Winery
“Rio Con Brio is our first choice for live music and special events.”
--Nathalie Quick, Tasting Room Manager, Adelsheim Vineyard
“Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. I am still getting emails from people who came to the concert telling me how much they enjoyed the concert and how often they play your CDs.”
--Denise McCravey, Artistic Director, Gorge Concert Series
“You guys really hit a home run with that Vignettes CD. A terrific display of your awesome musicianship. Bravo Rio Con Brio!”
--Don Stiernberg, America’s premiere jazz mandolinist
Rio Con Brio plays music (and enjoys the beautiful ambience and delicious wine) at Elizabeth Chambers Cellar during Thanksgiving Weekend in Wine Country.